1. Depending on your plants, you may choose to add fertilizers or additives in the empty aquarium. For extra vitality use in conjunction with Oliver Knott AquaEarth, Laterite and Scoria.
2. Plant Iron Sand is pre-washed and only requires minimal rinsing. Evenly spread over aquarium base.
3. Use a scraper or ruler to level the surface, or if desired create gradients with the Plant Iron Sand.
4. Slowly fill your aquarium with water until the water level is about 3-4cm (1-2in) above the Plant Iron Sand. This makes planting easier.
5. Begin planting your aquarium. Make sure you spray your plants with water until the planting process is completed.
6. Once the aquarium is planted, slowly fill your tank to the desired level.
7. Power up your filter system and allow the water to clear over the next few hours.
CARE AND ATTENTION
? Use Plant Iron Sand for freshwater and marine aquariums, paludarium and tropical terrariums.
? Can safely be used with burrowing fish or use with aquarium vacuum cleaners.
? Due to the rich iron properties of Plant Iron Sand the sand is slightly magnetic. Using filters or pumps in or too close to the sand may affect the impeller.